A collection of my BJD stories and project adventures

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Some Updates!

Since last weekend I have been nonstop busy between life, work, and sorting out my dolls. I didn't make my life easier (as usual) by selling things while in the middle of running about like a headless chicken...But luckily all my sales so far have been successful, including my Unoa Lusis. She will be here until November since she's on a layaway. And she's all freshly clean, restrung, and patiently waiting in her box to travel to her new home. I still cannot believe how quickly she went, but I'm thrilled she's going to a really sweet person. :) Thank you again to everyone who gave me support through this process. New ideas are slowly brewing when I have a moment to daydream and that makes me very excited to move forward!

Unfortunately this week I didn't have extra time in the evenings like I originally planned to work on Rowan (my giant felted fox). Though I did get in her new eyes I ordered about 2 weeks ago, so that's pretty exciting! These look way better compared to the first ones I ordered from a different shop. They also arrived much faster which is a relief, because I'd really like to get her finish before October (aka Inktober).

(1st and 2nd row are new eyes (so pretty!) 3rd row are first pairs I ordered aka no depth!)


I'm reshuffling my schedule at the moment, so hopefully I can get back into the groove. I may have to suffer my sleep to squeeze Rowan in. >_>" I'll probably make a post about her soon sharing some of my work in progress, though I'd like to get her further along so I can share some new images.

Also, earlier this week I received a extremely generous and beautiful package from a dear friend in the hobby. I really want to take proper photos to do these gifts justice and I'm also itching for a photo session with Chimera. If the humidity will clam down, then I'll get some nice shots outside! 

I might as well mention that I've been slowly gathering materials to create a hunting outfit for Yokai (my demon hunter). I drew some quick illustrations about a week ago of possible clothing designs. But I have no idea when I will start that project...realistically it won't be until after I complete Rowan and Inktober is done. I also might be able to get my dad to help since he sews and know a ton of things about it. But I've been asking him some very basic sewing questions when I can so that's been fun!

Here's a crappy phone pic of her because this post has no pictures...>_>"
I do have another update to share, but I will save that for it's own post! 

2 comments on "Some Updates!"
  1. It is great to read that your sales are going smoothly and fast, that is the best that can happen! Those new eyes for Rowan are so pretty! I love the middle ones (greens?)

    I do vote in favor of a photo session with Chimera, since she is so stunning!

    Good luck with the sewing endevours too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes that's always great when it happens because I know the secondhand market can be harder to sell on these days. I'm loving the green eyes as well and she may end up with those! :3

      Yes Chimera is long overdue for some new pictures. It's going to be record breaking hot for the next several days but I'm going to try to get some pics! Of course I'll be careful though, lol! ^_^

      Delete

Custom Post Signature