A collection of my BJD stories and project adventures

Friday, September 2, 2016

Reimi 2.0 Updates

The past two weeks have been very eventful for me in real life and in the hobby. I've been very quiet about it recently, but last weekend I put a Minifee Luka on layaway!!! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

A friend had reached out asking if I would be interested in adopting her Luka (who I've always loved) since she would be putting her up for sale. I didn't want to miss the opportunity and up until late last night, I was curious for more information of Fairyland's A-Line "Renewal" (which I'd hardly call a renewal). But factoring out everything, she was the best option for me and comes with a gorgeous Nomyen's face up~ Even though I do plan on having her repainted, this is a big plus because it allows me to see the twins together. Her face-up style and colors are also similar to Fable. However, she won't be here until November, but that works out well for me since I will be busy with work and some projects during those months.

(Not my images. Unknown photo from Pinterest. Eyes from MakoEyes and Enchanted Doll)

Now I have to decided on a pair of eyes and I'm pretty sure I'm going with Enchanted Doll #67. Picking eyes for Reimi's previous Unoa shell was a big struggle, so I hope this new pair suits her!

(Playing dress up games again...lol >_>")
                   
Frankly, I'm relieved that the Fairyland event won't be effecting my plans. I thought the so called "renewed" a-line body would actually improve on posing and maybe look slightly different in the torso with a moe-line aesthetic. Then actually calling it "renewal" would have made more sense. I'm also glad they did not pull a Feeple60 with the head sculpts available. So it's nice people will still have choice and still be able to pick which bust size they'd prefer. I hope that is some relief to people ordering now.

But hell fucking yeah, I get to skip all the Fairyland event madness! :D Hopefully (and I have a good feeling) this re-shelling of Reimi is the very last Fairyland doll. Over the past few years I have felt myself growing away from their dolls. Don't get me wrong I adore the sculpts I own and they're very special to me. However I don't like Fairyland's business practices as much as I love their the dolls. Plus do I honestly need another one when I have 5 (soon 6) of them? No, no I do not...lol.

There are tons of other sculpts and companies I've long admire. So in the future I'd really like to stick to my guns and branch out to something else when I'm ready and able to do so. My plan is to enjoy my group of dolls as much as I can and continue focusing on developing my characters.
2 comments on "Reimi 2.0 Updates"
  1. Congrats on the layaway!! I love the eye color you picked, although my fave was ED #65!

    I do hope you can fulfill your dolly plans, your characters and stories are always very interesting! *sends good vibes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Musume! <3 I was torn between #65 and #67, but my gut says 67! :D Plus I didn't want her eyes too similar to Myth's eyes. And thank you! I have lots of good feelings that I'm going in the right direction. :D

      Delete

Custom Post Signature